The best in environmental and social action films
Stories transform and connect us
Join Films for the Planet and start watching now!
Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform featuring the best in environmental and social action films.
Enjoy the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of leading filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected storytelling that inspires generative discourse and positive action for the greater good.
Latest news from Films for the Planet
“A Quest for Meaning” the Movie
If you haven’t seen A Quest For Meaning – the movie now is your chance! Register Now to Watch for FREE on Films for the Planet February 24 – March 2. This documentary film recounts the life-changing journey undertaken by two childhood friends questioning the workings of the world, our relationship with nature and the meaning of life. A Quest for Meaning is an inspiring film that connects personal growth and social change. The program will include pathways for involvement as well as an interview with film director Marc de La Ménardière and Satish Kumar — activist, writer, philosopher, editor of Resurgence & Ecologist magazine, and former director of the Schumacher College International Centre for Ecological Studies. Register to access the free viewing at the Members Circle. Already a Member? No need to Register – just sign-in to access at the Members Circle February 24 – March 2.
Browse Our Catalog
This entire library is only available here on Films for the Planet starting at $2.99
- Enjoy an outstanding library of transformational, adventure, social impact, and environmental films on demand
- Pay-per-view ($2.99 and up for unlimited streaming, special editions, and academic courses)
- Watch on PC, TV, smartphone, tablet or screen (including HD)
- Get insider information and FREE viewings: our newsletter keeps you up to date on the latest films
A conversation for your community
- Art of Hosting Film guidelines for group conversation and informed action
- Unite and activate your community: schools, educators, groups, organizations, interfaith, humanitarian and environmental advocates
- Learn about a films educational resources and take action guidelines
Bringing the globe closer together
- Informed citizens make change happen locally and globally
- Together we discover solutions and support one another to make the world a better place
- Take part in the transformational journey of world change.
- Be Part of the Collective Story!
Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
The butterfly effect is a theory that everything matters – a minute localized change or single occurrence, no matter how small, can make a difference and have large effects elsewhere – even changing the course of the universe forever. Our stories reveal larger patterns or metanarratives about our big challenges, and opportunities, in a world of accelerating change. These stories call us to a high-stakes planetary adventure – an adaptive learning journey that compels us to ask questions we’ve never asked or to take action we’ve never dreamed or dared.
Our part in accelerating awareness and change:
Films for the Planet provides the streaming of transformational media to create a butterfly effect around our planet. Our collection of films – available on a single platform – makes it easy to find the stories to help inform more people about our most critical issues. It’s by increasing awareness about these issues and engaging diverse audiences that we hope to generate the conversations and collective actions among communities worldwide. One film at a time, we can align our consciousness and discover real-world solutions to make our world a better place.