The best in environmental and social action films
Stories transform and connect us
Enjoy Films for the Planet's Streaming Collection - hundreds of films all in one place.
Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform featuring the best in environmental and social action films.
Enjoy the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of leading filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected storytelling that inspires generative discourse and positive action for the greater good.
Latest news from Films for the Planet
GRATITUDE REVEALED WORLDWIDE VIRTUAL PREMIERE
WORLD GRATITUDE DAY - Wednesday, September 21, 2022
toAn epic journey forty years in the making, GRATITUDE REVEALED from acclaimed filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg, the director of Fantastic Fungi, takes us on a transformational, cinematic experience of how to live a more meaningful life full of Gratitude.
Films for the Planet is a screening host for the virtual cinema premiere. Buy tickets to watch the film and join a live post-screening forum with the director, cast members, experts and musical guests on World Gratitude Day, September, 21. We are grateful for your participation as a percentage of the ticket sales helps to raise funds for Films for the Planet!
REGENERATIVE ECONOMIES FOR A THRIVING FUTURE
What do the Economics of Happiness, New Economy, Doughnut Economics, Sacred Economics, the Gift Economy, Solidarity Economy, Regenerative Economy, Wellbeing Economy, and Local Economies have in common?
“Regenerative Economies for a Thriving Future” attempts to answer this question by showcasing nine documentaries and dozens of key organizations. These organizations are working to renew ecological, social and spiritual well-being by activating a cultural shift towards economic localization – the building of a future where people, communities, and ecosystems thrive.
Whether you are seeking knowledge, want to connect with a global network, or thrive in a like-minded community — these resources represent a knowledge base of visionary pioneers, big picture system thinkers and savvy implementers.
We are filled with gratitude for our many partners and the amazing people we’ve had the pleasure of working with. Together, we have imagined new worlds and forged new opportunities in uncertain times. The arts, film and storytelling are needed more than ever. With your support we will continue to amplify the work of social change artists and expand our mission to educate and inspire by producing digital media platforms, award-winning films, interactive, virtual screenings, online events and more.
Browse Our Catalog
- Enjoy an outstanding library of transformational, adventure, social impact, and environmental films on demand
- Pay-per-view ($.99 and up for unlimited streaming, special editions, and academic courses)
- Watch on PC, TV, smartphone, tablet or screen (including HD)
- Get insider information and FREE viewings: our newsletter keeps you up to date on the latest films
A conversation for your community
- Art of Hosting Film guidelines for group conversation and informed action
- Unite and activate your community: schools, educators, groups, organizations, interfaith, humanitarian and environmental advocates
- Learn about a films educational resources and take action guidelines
Bringing the globe closer together
- Informed citizens make change happen locally and globally
- Together we discover solutions and support one another to make the world a better place
- Take part in the transformational journey of world change.
- Be Part of the Collective Story!
Get the latest Films for the Planet News
Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
Our part in accelerating awareness and change:
Films for the Planet provides the streaming of transformational media to create a butterfly effect around our planet. Our collection of films – available on a single platform – makes it easy to find the stories to help inform more people about our most critical issues. It’s by increasing awareness about these issues and engaging diverse audiences that we hope to generate the conversations and collective actions among communities worldwide. One film at a time, we can align our consciousness and discover real-world solutions to make our world a better place.