The best in environmental and social impact films
Stories transform and connect us
Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films.
Members have access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of leading filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected storytelling that inspires generative discourse and positive action.
Latest news from Films for the Planet
In keeping with the 2017 Earth Day theme of Environmental & Climate Literacy, we will be be offering an educational documentary series during Earth Week, April 17- 22, with program details and registration being announced on April 1. Through the campaign for...read more
Browse Our Catalog
This entire library is only available here on Films for the Planet
- Enjoy an outstanding library of transformational, adventure, social, and environmental films
- Pay-per-view ($2.99 and up for unlimited streaming, special editions and academic courses)
- Watch on PC, TV, smartphone, tablet or screen (including HD)
- Get insider information and FREE viewings: our newsletter keeps you up to date on the latest films
- Receive invites to Director Interviews, virtual conferences, and speaker series
A conversation for your community
- Art of Hosting Film guidelines for group conversations and informed action
- Unite and activate your community – educators, students, community groups, interfaith, businesses, nonprofits, humanitarian and environmental advocates
- Learn about a films educational resources and take action guidelines
- Integrated P2P crowdfunding for your favorite films and causes
Bringing the globe closer together
- Informed citizens make change happen locally and globally
- Together we discover solutions and support one another to make the world a better place
- Take part in the transformational journey of world change.
- Be Part of the Collective Story!
Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
The butterfly effect is a theory that everything matters – a minute localized change or single occurrence, no matter how small, can make a difference and have large effects elsewhere – even changing the course of the universe forever.
Our stories reveal larger patterns or metanarratives about our big challenges, and opportunities, in a world of accelerating change. These stories call us to a high-stakes planetary adventure – an adaptive learning journey that compels us to ask questions we’ve never asked or to take action we’ve never dreamed or dared.
Our part in accelerating awareness and change:
Films for the Planet provides the streaming of transformational media to create a butterfly effect around our planet. Our collection of films – available on a single platform – makes it easy to find the stories to help inform more people about our most critical issues. It’s by increasing awareness about these issues and engaging diverse audiences that we hope to generate the conversations and collective actions among communities worldwide.
One film at a time, we can align our consciousness and discover real-world solutions to make our world a better place.