The best in environmental and social action films
Stories transform and connect us
Enjoy Films for the Planet's Streaming Collection - hundreds of films all in one place.
Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform featuring the best in environmental and social action films.
Enjoy the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of leading filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars. Films for the Planet promotes globally connected storytelling that inspires generative discourse and positive action for the greater good.
Latest news from Films for the Planet
HAPPEN FILMS INTERVIEW
Happen Films latest project, “Together We Grow”, is a documentary about the Common Unity Project, which works collaboratively with community, schools and organizations in New Zealand. The Common Unity Project has created a honey and beekeeping collective, a bicycle recycling program, sewing and knitting circles, a local time-bank, and a thriving urban farm with an associated kitchen, grocery co-op, and catering service, among other initiatives.
Common Unity Project is home to the ReMakery – “a place to rebuild, restructure and redefine old, out-of-date things. It is a place to create a new way, starting with the best of what we already know, and the best of what we already have. It is a place for sharing knowledge, time and skills, and for learning, learning, learning…together, we grow our own solutions.” This replicable model for developing strong, connected, resilient communities could be put in place across millions of communities across the world. They’ve proven it can be done, this film was made to help them share the story.
We are filled with gratitude for our many partners and the amazing people we’ve had the pleasure of working with. Together, we have imagined new worlds and forged new opportunities in uncertain times. The arts, film and storytelling are needed more than ever. With your support we will continue to amplify the work of social change artists and expand our mission to educate and inspire by producing digital media platforms, award-winning films, interactive, virtual screenings, online events and more.
Browse Our Catalog
- Enjoy an outstanding library of transformational, adventure, social impact, and environmental films on demand
- Pay-per-view ($.99 and up for unlimited streaming, special editions, and academic courses)
- Watch on PC, TV, smartphone, tablet or screen (including HD)
- Get insider information and FREE viewings: our newsletter keeps you up to date on the latest films
A conversation for your community
- Art of Hosting Film guidelines for group conversation and informed action
- Unite and activate your community: schools, educators, groups, organizations, interfaith, humanitarian and environmental advocates
- Learn about a films educational resources and take action guidelines
Bringing the globe closer together
- Informed citizens make change happen locally and globally
- Together we discover solutions and support one another to make the world a better place
- Take part in the transformational journey of world change.
- Be Part of the Collective Story!
Get the latest Films for the Planet News
Have you ever heard of the Butterfly Effect?
Our part in accelerating awareness and change:
Films for the Planet provides the streaming of transformational media to create a butterfly effect around our planet. Our collection of films – available on a single platform – makes it easy to find the stories to help inform more people about our most critical issues. It’s by increasing awareness about these issues and engaging diverse audiences that we hope to generate the conversations and collective actions among communities worldwide. One film at a time, we can align our consciousness and discover real-world solutions to make our world a better place.