2040: The Regeneration
2040: The Regeneration is an innovative feature documentary that looks to the future, while focusing on what is happening now. Award-winning director Damon Gameau (director of That Sugar Film) embarks on a journey to explore what the future could look like by the year 2040 if we simply embraced the best solutions already available to us to improve our planet and shifted them into the mainstream.
Structured as a visual letter to his 4-year-old daughter, Damon blends traditional documentary with dramatized sequences and high-end visual effects to create a vision board of how these solutions could regenerate the world for future generations.
Watch this film with your kids and family, and share with your friends. The film looks at the effects of climate change over the next 20 years and what technologies that exist today can reverse the effects.
Educators can download a teachers worksheet (ages 7-11)
• …understand that different people have different ideas and concerns about the future.
• …understand that solutions to the problems facing people and the planet already exist.
Success criteria: Students can…
• …participate in a barometer activity.
• …participate in a group mind-map exercise.
• …express their thoughts, feelings and concerns through class discussion and independent activities.
• …adhere to classroom discussion guidelines.
The 2040 documentary and curriculum package will support your students in turning this knowledge into positive action for a better future.
To licence the film and host a screening contact: www.TogetherFilms.org
Click here to enjoy more great films in our Streaming Collection